Fired Earth and AGA Rangemaster is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and has published this policy to help you understand how and why we collect information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are. If we make changes to this policy we will notify you by updating this statement on our website. You can access our Website home pages and browse our website without disclosing your personal data.
However, when you register with us in order to place an order, or request brochures or other information, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself.
What information we collect and how do we obtain it
When you register with us, go all or part-way through the process of placing an order, or request information, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, address, details of your credit card (only if you are placing an order and paying by credit card and only for the purpose of passing this to a payment processing merchant - we do not retain your credit card details), telephone number and email address so that we can process and fulfill your information request or order, notify you of your order status and inform you of special offers and promotions.
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- Process your order.
- Manage your account.
- Administer this website.
- Monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of the site.
- Notify you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website, new services and special offers that may be of interest. We may contact you by mail, telephone or email with offers from companies within the AGA Rangemaster Group.
- Contact you by email via a third party service provider in the event that you partly complete an order online but then decide not to complete the ordering process.
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose so to do
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about news, new products and special offers.
If you decide you do not want us to contact you, you can request that we stop using your information and that we stop mailing information to you by writing to the Group Data Protection Manager at Head Office or via email@example.com, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
Please note that although we will act quickly, you may continue to receive mailings which are already on their way to you for a period of up to thirty days while your request is being dealt with.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If AGA Rangemaster Group plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Cookies and IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type, version and the website that you visited prior to this site, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
We use a number of different cookies to track different services. These are outlined below. If you would like to know about cookies and how to control them visit here for guidelines – aboutcookies.org.
These are cookies that we use to remember your log in details and what you've added to your basket. These are 100% necessary to ensuring the website functions correctly and that you can make purchases. More information can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Performance Tracking Cookies:
- Google Analytics - This cookie is used to track visits and orders placed. It also helps us attribute traffic and sales to third party advertising. This cookie is triggered upon arriving on Fired Earth. More info: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
- Google Adwords - AdWords Tracking Code is used to track visits and orders placed from advertising on Googles search and display network. This cookie is triggered when a user visits and makes purchases via Googles sponsored ads and is triggered on the confirmation page.More info: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
These are cookies which trigger to allow you to share pages and products via social networks
- Facebook. More info: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- s7.addthis.com.More info: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/
Our online ordering system uses a cookie to record a unique reference on your computer so that we can keep track of your order as you use the system. This cookie, which is saved to your system, is only valid for a single visit and each new visit will result in a new cookie overwriting any that were generated on previous visits to our site. If your internet browser is set to reject cookies or if your network firewall won't allow them then unfortunately you will not be able to use any online shopping areas of our websites (agacookshop.co.uk, divertimenti.co.uk and firedearth.com). Please refer to your internet browser help file to see how to enable cookies on your computer.
Your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us via by telephoning us on 0870 7561 238 or by writing to the Group Data Protection Manager at Head Office or via firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a right to access the personal data that we hold on you. If you would like to see a copy please send a cheque for £10 made payable to AGA Rangemaster Limited and a written request to the Group Data Protection Manager at Head Office , quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry. If you think the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact the Group Data Protection Manager at Head Office or via email@example.com, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
As part of our efforts to make further improvements to the service we provide to our customers, telephone calls to and from us may be recorded or monitored and used for training purposes. To protect the operation of our computer systems we monitor incoming and outgoing email.
If you have any questions relating to this policy or the use by us of personal data please write to the Group Data Protection Manager at Head Office or via firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
Head Office Contact Details
Group Data Protection Manager
AGA Rangemaster Limited